The LCCG Team – An Introduction.
LCCG was founded by Paul Thompson and Ian Maidens who between them have in excess of 40 years experience in the life sector.
- Initial career as an investment banker specialising in financial institutions.
- Joined Britannic Group in 2002 as Group FD and appointed Group CEO in 2003.
- Led the restructuring of the Group and its repositioning as a life fund consolidator.
- Merged with Resolution I in 2005, becoming Group CEO of the merged group.
- The resultant entity was subsequently sold to Pearl Group (now Phoenix) in 2007.
- Head of Pamplona financial services practice leading investments in Chaucer (UK listed Lloyds underwriter) and Oakwood (UK specialist mortgage servicer) between 2008 and 2012.
- Co- founded LCCG in 2013.
- Started his career in life assurance and subsequently moved to actuarial consultancy.
- Worked with Resolution I from its inception in early 2003.
- Following the merger with Britannic Group, Ian was a director of the resulting Resolution plc and Chief Actuary & Head of Corporate Development.
- Became a founding partner of Resolution II in 2008, and led the activity to create what was Friends Life Group.
- Left Resolution II to co-found LCCG when arrangements between the Resolution group and the listed company ended in 2013.